The notice issued pursuant to Article 30 of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 deatails the following failings:
- Failure to review the fire risk assessment. (Article 9)
- Failure in the effective management of the preventive and protective measures.(Article 11)
- Failure to provide and/or maintain adequate and clearly indicated emergency routes and exits that lead to a place of safety. (Article 14)
- Failure to establish an appropriate emergency plan. (Article 15)
- Failure to ensure that the premises and any facilities, equipment and devices are maintained in an efficient state, in effective working order and in good repair. (Article 17)
Why do the London Fire Brigade appear to wait until after major incidents before checking fire safety in Lewisham tower blocks?